Are you under the impression that management is just "common sense?" If only that were so… Then it might also be a common talent! But the truth is that management is more art than science because it involves people—and nothing is ever simply "black and white" when people are involved.
That's why The Savvy Manager is absolutely essential in today's management environment. It enables you to develop your unique ability to work expertly with the human dimension of your organization. Being savvy is all about the "inner game" of management, truly an inside job requiring special skills and conscientious practice.
You can convert your management thinking into savvy thinking with the help of this book and its two highly-accomplished, master-coach authors. They'll help you follow the five-step savvy management process:
- Set learning goals for yourself, along with realistic deadlines.
- Share your learning experience with others to deepen your understanding.
- Practice what you learn by applying the concepts in your work situations.
- Reflect and take time to examine your progress and needs.
- Measure progress as you review your goals and outcomes.
Preview the book at Google Book Search!