Development of the Learning System by ASTD
ASTD has a long history of partnership with the most influential leaders in the training and development industry. ASTD enlisted these subject matter experts (SMEs) in each Area of Expertise along with veteran CPLP credential holders, ASTD staff, and learning consultants to create and design the new Learning System. Combined, this “brain trust” equals hundreds of years of experience in the training and development field. The result is a Learning System which is a complete, self-directed study tool for individuals preparing for the ASTD Certification Institute's CPLP program.
ASTD defined the ASTD Competency Model and then built the Learning System based on that foundation. The Learning System content aligns to the 10 areas of expertise as defined by the ASTD Competency Model™ and is derived from multiple sources. The content necessary to study for the CPLP exam is consolidated in the Learning System so that you don't have to buy and read multiple books—what you need to know and study is in one accessible resource. For your reference, bibliographies and citations at the ends of chapters list the works used to prepare the Learning System.
Chapters are designed to help you focus your test preparation efforts and include key knowledge content aligned to each area of expertise, plus interactive quizzes, links to related content within the Learning System and to outside resources, as well as to terms in the Master Glossary.
Order the Learning System Here. Please note that due to the digital nature of the Learning System, the product is non-refundable.
The ASTD Learning System Includes:
Content and practice questions for each of the 10 Areas of Expertise (AOEs), a Master Glossary of terms, and the Study Guide for Groups which can be used by Chapters and others to form local and virtual study groups.
AOE 1: Performance Improvement
AOE 2: Instructional Design
AOE 3: Training Delivery
AOE 4: Learning Technologies
AOE 5: Evaluating Learning Programs
AOE 6: Managing Learning Programs
AOE 7: Integrated Talent Management
AOE 8: Coaching
AOE 9: Knowledge Management
AOE 10: Change Management
The new ASTD Learning System comes with both downloadable PDF and digital access options. You may also order a hard copy Print Option for an additional cost. Learn more.
Features of the Digital Format:
- Portable for the learner on the go. Because we’ve gone digital, you can take the ASTD Learning System anywhere. Need a printed copy instead? Download a PDF version to print out a section, chapter, or the entire document.
- Customizable. Take notes, bookmark key points, and adjust the interface to tailor your copy to how you learn.
- Current and timely. The content focuses on the latest professional practices, and will update regularly.
Features of the PDF Format:
- Download to your local device
- Print from the PDF
Features of the Print Option:
- Print Option copy is current as of the date of printing
- Updates available for print in your My Downloads portfolio on astd.org
- Ships to you with tabs and a three-ring binder
Order the Print Option Here.