Sales Training Solution Competency #5
Workplace Sales Trainers are wise to learn how to
teach project management methods to ensure successful progress
of critical tasks. It will help the sales team organize and
manage resources and project work systematically. At the end of
the day it is all about the "system" you design to meet specific
Create a project SYSTEM for best results!
When managing a project you must consider creating a duplicating
system to train others. This would include: monitoring people,
analyzing, managing and allocating budgets, costs or funding,
controlling the scope of project work, managing time, determining
and setting requirements, and establishing a strong communication
process with the team to deliver learning and performance solutions
that support business goals.
Project Management Basics:
- Set up a Project Management Office - (PMO) is the source of documentation, guidance and metrics on the practice of project management. It is a general set of rules for project administration and reporting.
- Define how the "project life cycle" plan breaks down projects into smaller manageable parts.
- Create a Statement of Work for the project and a set of deliverables for each task
- Set up "Milestone Markers" with a set of deliverables achieved every 3- 6 months
- Build a committed team
- Have a quality plan with pre-set quality standards for prioritizing project activities.
Sales Management and Project Management activity is covered
- Organizational Structure
- Behavioral Competency
When designing the learning Function - the sales trainer should
develop the sales team to manage and execute best practice sales
projects for organizational and behavioral competency.
- Identify Specific Team Member Competencies.
- Determine the Best way to Train: Coaching, Mentoring, Video, Blended Learning
- Get Senior Leadership to show leadership behavior
- Identify training objectives that match learning objectives
- Make sure that content, activities, and agenda clearly targets learning objectives
- Assign and recommend pre-work for program effectiveness.
- Prepare individual need-specific learning tools including for role plays.
- Provide specific coaching and mentorship.
- Schedule competency-building exercises daily.
- Give a performance review and competency-specific improvement plan for each team member.
Sales Training Organizational and Behavioral Action
- Write a curriculum checklist to develop a territory / productivity plan for the sales team.
- Define the sales activity process: Purpose, Outcome, Value, Potential Problems, Responsibility / Authority, Budget Deadlines.
- Develop easy to understand product sales sheets with features and benefits.
- Develop an easy to understand sales presentation to lead buyers to a buying decision.
- Develop a time management schedule for every step in the sales process.
- Develop goal planning sessions and call planning sessions with all sales team members.
- Measure and evaluate sales activities through from prospecting to closing with follow up.
- Create a behavior change sales strategy guide that anticipates sales resistant.
- Create a question and answer script that overcomes objections.
- Mark and Celebrate Milestones for performance.