I want to thank Jeff Goldman - Minute Bio for his great response last month. He suggested that we focus the Big Question on specific issues and then suggested four questions.
So, let's start with his first suggestion:
Working effectively with subject matter experts
There's a lot to this topic, and certainly it's an on-going challenge. Some specific questions that are raised in this area:
- What should all IDs know about working with a SME?
- What can you and can't you expect a SME to do?
- Does it work to have SMEs create rapid eLearning?
- How does social and informal learning impact how you engage with SMEs?
- What's your favorite instructive story of working with a SME?
I've seen a few good posts in the recent past on this topic. Feel free to include prior posts or resources you know about in your response.
How to Respond:
Option 1 - Put your thoughts in a comment below. Likely there can be some pretty good thoughts left via a comment.
Option 2 -
Step 1 - Post in your blog (please link to this post).
Step 2 - Put a comment in this blog with an HTML ready link that I can simply copy and paste (an HTML anchor tag
). I will only copy and past, thus, I would also recommend you include your NAME immediately before your link. So, it should look like:
Tony Karrer - e-Learning 2.0
or you could also include your blog name with something like:
Tony Karrer - e-Learning 2.0 : eLearningTechnology
Responses So Far: