ASTD 2014 International Conference & Exposition
May 4–7, 2014
Washington, DC, USA
Please review What You Need to Know to Submit a Proposal before submitting to ensure the best chance of selection.
Important Dates: The 2014 Online Proposal Submission site is now closed. Please bookmark this site for reference.
2014 Submission Dates
|Submission Dates and Deadline
July 8–August 15, 2013 (noon Eastern Time US)
||By November 29, 2013
||May 1–3, 2014
||May 3, 2014
||May 4–7, 2014
|May 5–7, 2014
What You Need to Know to Submit a Proposal!
ASTD continually strives to make this process as simple and user-friendly as possible. It is a huge undertaking to run a conference of this size and there are multiple steps and deadlines. Our ultimate goal is the quality of the education program in partnership with you as a speaker.
1. Conference Policies More...
- limit of two proposal submissions per individual or company
- maximum of one selection per individual or company
- limit of two speakers per session
- one complimentary conference registration per session (additional speaker registers at own expense or receives a session-only pass)
- all travel costs are speaker's responsibility
- preconference Workshop speakers receive an honorarium.
2. Selection Criteria More...
A committee of volunteers with expertise in the field evaluates all proposals on seven key elements including:
You may include a short video link (60 seconds) which shows you speaking to a group or sharing more information with the reviewers about your session proposal.
3. Content Requirements More...
ASTD 2014 Tracks and Topics (PDF)
Many more proposals are received than can be selected. Review the requirements carefully to ensure your submission is the best it can be. Watch the video below to help you prepare your proposal. You may submit a maximum of two proposals for concurrent sessions and a third for a preconference workshop.
- All sessions are learning experiences and are non-commercial.
- The description should clearly show what the session is about.
- Include some interactive or experiential elements in your design, as appropriate. Click Resources for ideas.
- Learning objectives should show how the learner will be able to use your content back on the job (practical application) and doable in the time frame.
- Incorporate learning yransfer into your design to ensure application.
- You will be asked to enter a title, description, application-on-the-job objectives, and delivery methods.
- You will also choose a track, session type, learning approach, and target audience (up to two).
4. Submission Instructions More...
The submission form resides on a vendor site which requires a login using a password assigned by the system. Follow the instructions on the site to set up a login and change your password.
- Write your proposal first in MS Word or other software, saving a copy for your records; paste the details into the required fields in the template
- You may save a proposal for completion later (by the deadline)
- When you select the "Finalize Proposal" tab, any incomplete information will be highlighted
- Complete all information and click on the "Finalize" button. You will then see a screen summary acknowledging your proposal and receive a confirmation email.
- Incomplete submissions cannot be considered.
Have more questions? Help