Don't miss out on ASTD's Career Week!
During this week-long, content-rich, online event, you'll have access to today's leading career experts. Through a variety of mixed media, we'll be serving up valuable career development content for individuals at every career level.
Career Week Webcasts
Tuesday, September 17, 2:00-3:00 ET
New Professionals: How to Stand Out and Promote Yourself
Featuring Dan Schawbel, bestselling author and Gen Y expert.
Based on new research, case studies, interviews, and advice, you will learn what managers are looking for when promoting. This presentation will give you the confidence and tools you need to rise to the top faster. Learn more.
Wednesday, September 18, 2:00-3:00 ET
ASTD Career Navigator: Assess Your Competencies in Training
Featuring Cheryl Lasse, managing partner for Edutainment Media
The ASTD Career Navigator is a free self-assessment tool available to members that is based on the new 2013 ASTD Competency Model. Learn how to use the Career Navigator to meet the demands of today's training and development profession. Learn more.
Thursday, September 19, 12:00-1:00 ET
Career Moves: Be Strategic About Your Career
Featuring Annabelle Reitman, EdD and Caitlin Williams, PhD, career management experts
This webcast will focus on what it takes to stand out, make a difference, and build a strategy for managing your career and moving forward. Learn more.
Friday, September 20, 12:00 - 1:00 ET
Unlocked Potential: You Already Know How to Be Great
Featuring Alan Fine, New York Times bestselling author, performance expert, and coach to professional athletes
If you learn how to overcome both internal and external challenges, you can refocus to better apply your existing knowledge and talent. During this webcast, you'll learn how to achieve your goals with a simple process that empowers you to do more of what you already know.
Webcast Sponsored by:
Career Week Podcasts
We’re glad to present five special podcasts on best practices for those looking to help employees navigate their careers inside your organization. Career development experts Beverly Kaye and Julie Winkle-Giulioni, co-authors of Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Career Conversations Employees Want, and networking expert and career coach, Wendy Terwelp, president of Opportunity Knocks ™, interview the following T&D professionals who share successful techniques and lessons learned:
- Nandi Shareef, T&D professional and ASTD One to Watch, teams up with Wendy Terwelp, networking expert and career coach, on five networking secrets for young professionals (millennials) to use to collaborate with Gen Xers and Boomers for career success.
- Don Kraft, Director, HR l Career & Learning, Genentech, Inc., on using “career labs” to help employees explore a variety of development options.
- Jennifer Davis, Director, Field Management & Territory Development at Colonial Life, on an award winning career and leadership development program that grows their 1099 contractor sales force as leaders and business owners.
- Jamie Graceffa, Director, Human Resources, PCCI and Shared Services, PHILIPS Healthcare, on a comprehensive 90-day career management program that helps employees own and develop a career action plan.
- Huy Tran, Sr. Manager, Organizational Effectiveness & Training for Asurion, on an award-winning hybrid career development and leadership program that develops nonexempt frontline employees into leaders and supervisors.
Career Week is sponsored by: