This program enables you to better use your role in your organization to more effectively inform, influence, and lead talent management efforts. The focus of the program is to use the concept of talent management as an integrated and strategic process. It also examines the federal government context and framework for talent management, including Title V, Merit System, and more.
Through case study exercises, this program presents you with an overview of specific roles, links among roles, and practical organizational application. You will leave this workshop with a complete talent management process you can use to ensure that you have the right people with the right skills at the right time.
You will gain an overview of the talent management process and functions, and apply them through detailed exploration of a six-step process:
- Define organizational strategy linked to human capital goals and objectives.
- Identify knowledge, skill, and experience needs to enable organization strategy.
- Recruit, hire, and onboard employees with the required knowledge, skill, and experience.
- Establish and sustain a “talent-friendly” work culture that supports high performance and commitment.
- Deploy a planning process that ensures succession readiness for mission-critical occupations.
- Develop the infrastructure that supports and continuously improves talent management, including career planning.
Through a series of interactive, learner-focused activities, you will walk away with tips, tools, techniques, and concrete plans for improving talent management in your organization.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for managers and supervisors, training and development practitioners, and HR specialists in the federal government who are committed to improving the effectiveness of talent management in their agencies and organizations.
Credits & Attendance
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. Learn More
CPLP© Recertification Points
This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP recertification points. Learn more at astd.org/recertification.
HRCI Recertification Credits
This program has been pre-approved for 14 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
To view our transfer and cancellation policies, please click here.