About this Program
Below is a detailed outline of what this interactive workshop will cover:
Session 1: Introduction to Scenario-Based Learning
- Workshop and participant introductions
- Four architectures of instruction
- Near versus far transfer learning
- What is Scenario-based learning?
Session 2: Design Features of SBL
- Does SBL work? Research evidence summary
- What makes up an effective scenario-based e-learning (SBeL) environment?
- Six components of an SBL design
- Apply the components to your content
Session 3: Interfaces for SBeL
- Review of participant SBL projects
- Four design flows for SBeL: branched scenario, menu, open, and virtual worlds
- Authoring systems for SBeL designs
- Storyboarding your SBeL design
- Sharing your draft designs: Application sharing of Power Points
Note: This workshop focuses on the design and interface elements for SBeL. Technical issues and software authoring alternatives are not a major focus of the workshop.