About this Program
The ASTD Social Media for Learning Certificate is a comprehensive workshop that covers the basics of social media for learning. You’ll learn how to use social media tools to establish learning communities, disseminate valuable information and resources, and increase learning transfer.
This program provides hands-on practice using assorted tools in order to understand the benefits and limitations of each. In addition, you’ll learn how to overcome common security and implementation issues, and make a business case for using social media in learning programs.
This workshop will:
- explore the most-widely used social tools, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and others, in order to enhance and support informal and social learning
- demonstrate best practices for incorporating social learning tools into the instructional design process
- practice publishing and broadcasting with social learning tools, sharing materials and profiles, cultivating relationships, and using collaboration tools
- explore overcoming resistance and ways to support change management in your organization
- create ideas for reasonable, flexible policies and governance.
ASTD Certificate Programs are learning events and a certificate is awarded to participants upon successful completion of the program. No test is given and participants are not certified. Certification is a testing event that confirms that skills, knowledge, or competencies have been acquired. Please click here for more information on the ASTD Certification Institute’s credential, the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance™ (CPLP™).
Technical Requirements: Participants are required to bring a laptop (PC or Mac) to the workshop. The laptop must have the ability to access all major social media sites, including LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. Participants must have the ability to create access accounts on social media sites. Those who cannot meet these requirements will not be able to fully participate in the program.