Take a look at the ASTD Master Trainer Core Course content overview.
Module 1: Introduction
- Quickly Connect Participants to the Core Content
- A Trainer’s Process
- The Training Cycle
- Skill Practice Delivery #1
Module 2: Purpose & Assessment
- Needs Assessment: Analysis Basics, Overview, and Sample Tools
- Learning Objectives: Need and Importance for Trainers
- Your Personal Learning Objectives
- Skill Practice Delivery #2
Module 3: Planning & Preparation
- Applying Adult Learning Principles to Create an Effective Training Program
- What Trainers Should Know about Designing Training
- Preparing for Training (including an easy-to-use professional template)
- Training Preferences
Module 4: Presentation & Facilitation
- Establishing a Positive Learning Environment
- Facilitating and Training (including critical facilitator techniques) and Delivery Options (including blended learning and e-learning)
- Adapting to the Learning Environment
- Skill Practice Delivery #3
Module 5: Performance & Evaluation
- Evaluating Progress
- Levels of Evaluation and Return on Investment
- Maintain Your Professionalism
- Personal Development Plan
ASTD Master Trainer Program Knowledge Test
The Knowledge Test, administered at the beginning of Day 1, will assess your acquisition of comprehensive content from the Online Orientation. You will demonstrate your new or enhanced knowledge in the delivering training area of expertise. You must successfully pass the Knowledge Test to be awarded a final ASTD Master Trainer Certificate.
ASTD Master Trainer Program Skill Demonstration
This final day of the course is devoted to the Skill Demonstration component of the program. The Skill Demonstration will assess your ability to deliver a 10-minute training session on a particular topic. You will be expected to demonstrate all of the ASTD Master Trainer essential skills including: preparation, creating a positive learning environment, facilitating learning, managing challenges, and evaluating learning.
Your ASTD expert facilitator will evaluate your delivery based on the industry’s standard of excellence. This component of the program includes a video of your final training delivery with detailed individualized feedback and analysis. You must successfully pass the Skill Demonstration to be awarded a final ASTD Master Trainer Certificate.
Learn about Part 3