1. How can I check on the status of my order?
ATD provides a self service option on its website to confirm your order. If you are an ATD member or registered customer, you can go to our web site at www.astd.org and sign in to view your previous orders from your My Profile page. From this page, select My Orders from the My Account menu tab so you can search for and view records of previous orders made through the ATD store. On your MY Profile page, you can also view your current membership or subscriber status. (Please remember that once an order is placed with ATD, the customer who placed the order will receive an email confirmation to their email address of record.)
You can also e-mail or call ATD Customer Care Center between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, at 1-800-628-2783 (inside the U.S.), or 1-703-683-8100 (outside of the U.S.) or email email@example.com to check on the status of your order. Please have your membership identification number or the order number available for faster service.
2. I am having problems signing on to the ATD Store to complete my purchase. Where can I find information about how to sign in to your website to complete my purchase?
For information about how to register on ATD’s website, reset your password, or identify your username, please visit our ATD Web Navigation Tips page
3. How can I receive a receipt for my order/membership?
If you are a current member or registered customer, you can go to our web site at www.astd.org and sign in to view your receipts from your My Profile page. From this page, select My Orders from the My Account menu tab so you can search for and view records of previous orders made through the ATD store and print a receipt.
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your membership number or full name, address information, and your order number and we will email a receipt to you. You can also call our Customer Care Center at 800.628.2783 (US Only) or 1.703.683.8100 (International) Monday - Friday, 8am - 6pm EST.
4. How can I return my order item?
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the product you purchased, you may return the product in re-saleable condition to ATD's fulfillment center within 30 days for a full refund, less a 10 percent restocking fee. Electronic, audio, software, and items purchased on sale are not returnable. ATD’s return policy does not apply to any computer software, audio, video, or electronic purchases. Unless an error on the part of ATD has caused an incorrect shipment, ATD does not pay for shipping of product returns. Returns for other resources that are postmarked no more than 30 days from the shipping date are accepted for a refund, minus a 10% restocking fee (50% restocking fee for international orders). ATD will not provide a refund for items postmarked for return more than 30 days after the shipping date. The proper return documentation must be provided with all returns. See our ATD Store policy page for more information.
5. I placed an order on your ATD Store for several books published by ATD Press. I just received an email shipping confirmation which indicates that the order will be shipped to my old business address, which I did not update in my address profile when my company moved. Can I have the order routed to the new address?
Once an order is placed, ATD cannot re-route the shipment to an alternate address. In order to receive the items requested, you must place and pay for a new order. If the previous order items are returned to ATD within 30 days of the shipping date and are in resalable condition, you will receive a refund for your previous order, minus a 10% restocking fee.
6. I placed an order on the ATD Store and requested that it be shipped to my company. I forgot to include the company name and suite number in the shipping address. I contacted UPS and was informed that the item was returned to ATD. How do I receive the items that I ordered and paid for?
Please contact ATD Customer Care to determine the status of your order. Within two weeks of the item’s return, you may have the order shipped to the correct address provided that you pay all shipping and handling charges. If you contact Customer Care later than two weeks after the order was returned, the order may have already completed the refund process minus a 10% restocking fee. In this case, you will have to place and pay for a new order.
7. I recently received an ATD Press publication, which I thought would include a CD ROM that contained electronic handouts and presentation slides. However, no CD ROM was shipped with my order. How do I obtain this from ATD.
ATD now offers electronic supporting content on its website. This includes all relevant handouts and presentation materials that used to accompany ATD Press publications via CD ROM.
To download this content, visit the Book Search page and find the title you need.
8. I have purchased a subscription to ATD Links Plus as an add-on to my ATD membership. I have not recently received any issues.
ATD offers a variety of e-newsletters to its members under ATD Links Plus. These e-newsletters are distributed through a monthly ATD newsletter titled ATD LINKS. Through ATD LINKS, a specific web link is provided in the body of the newsletter which directs the subscriber to the ATD webpage that contains the e-newsletters.
If you have not received the e-newsletter you have subscribed to, you can contact Customer Care to determine why you have not received it. It may be for the following reasons:
- You are a new member or subscriber to the ATD Links Plus. New subscribers must allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of the first issue.
- ATD LINKS is blocked by your company or email provider as SPAM or JUNK MAIL.
- You have previously requested to unsubscribe to all ATD email marketing solicitations, which would also block receipt of ATD LINKS.
- Your order may not have been completed. Please contact Customer Care about the status of your order.
- Your subscription has expired.
To view archived versions of any e-newsletters you may have missed, please visit the ATD Links webpage.
9. Will sales tax be included in my order?
Sales tax is charged for orders shipped to customers in Virginia (5%) and Canada (5% GST). Canada and Australia Goods and Services Taxes are also charged for shipments to those countries.
10. I placed an order above $100 on the ATD Store but was not offered free shipping. As an ATD member placing an order shipped within the United States, I thought I was supposed to receive free shipping for my order?
Please review the total dollar value of Inventory Products purchased on our ATD Store. They must equal or exceed $100. Subscriptions, conferences, educational programs and other non-inventory items are not included in the $100 minimum order requirements.
11. Can I view samples of existing content for ATD Press items?
We appreciate your interest in content published by ATD Press. Currently, sample chapters for much of ATD published content is available for review on ATD's website. To conduct a book search to view a sample chapter for a book of interest to you, please visit the Book Search page and browse titles.
If a sample chapter is not available on ATD's website, you can conduct a title search on Google Books. Please visit Google's website at: http://books.google.com/
12. My company would like to post ATD’s electronic content for use by members of my firm. How do I proceed with this request?
ATD has created several content packages that may be of interest to you. As the rights owner of all content published by ATD, we are able to offer electronic licenses for a fee to post ATD content to individuals, corporations’, or institutions’ protected websites. For more information about purchasing a content license, please visit our Content Licensing page.
13. I would like to photocopy ATD Infolines to distribute in a meeting with other staff. Do I need permission to do this?
In most cases, when ATD content is posted, distributed or reproduced to be shared by others, permissions must be purchased. For information concerning how to obtain and purchase permissions, or to determine when permissions are required, please visit our Rights and Permissions page.
14. My company would like to purchase ATD content for distribution and resale purposes. Can I place this order on the ATD Store?
Sales of ATD inventory items for wide distribution and resale purposes are currently managed by the National Book Network. Please see our ATD Store policy page.
15. I currently reside outside of the United States and would like to order a variety of books on your ATD Store. I have noticed that when I try to place an order, the shipping rates are higher than rates for domestic shipping. Is there an alternative?
ATD has partnered with the Eurospan Group and Cengage for sales of ATD content to locations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Please review contact information for Eurospan and Cengage on our ATD Store policy page.
16. I reside in Canada and would like to order a book which costs $39.95. According to the ATD Store, the shipping price is $50. Is there an alternative?
Please contact ATD Customer Care by phone to place your order using an alternate shipping method. Although shipment of these orders is not tracked using the reduced shipping method, the shipping price is less expensive.
17. I would like to place an order for 15 copies of one of your ATD products. Is there a bulk discount?
ATD offers a bulk discount for orders larger than 10 copies of a single eligible title. Only books published by ATD are eligible for bulk quantity discounts. (Books that begin with “12” in the product code are not published by ATD and are not eligible.) Bulk discounts may be ordered via the ATD online store. For quantities larger than 100 copies, please contact email@example.com
to ensure availability.
18. I would like to publish a book with ATD Press. What process is in place at ATD to enable me to propose my book topic and have it published?
ATD Press welcomes proposals from prospective authors with new and innovative ideas that fit into our current publishing program. The following guidelines will ensure that your proposal will be given a fair and objective review. Key to the publisher and author relationship is a willingness to partner with ATD Press to ensure your book reaches its intended audience and that the investment made by you and ATD Press pays off. Please read carefully the following instructions and pointers before submitting your proposal to us.
To see further information, see our Submission Guidelines page