Congratulations to our 2013 Award and Citation winners!
Capgemini University, France
Chailease Finance Co. Ltd., Taiwan
Fidelity Investments, USA
HCL Technologies Ltd., India
MTR Corporation, Hong Kong
SuccessFactors, an SAP Company, USA
Turkcell - Turkcell Academy, Turkey
ADEPT Driver, USA
Resource Pro, LLC, China
AMP Horizons, Australia
Axis Bank, India
China Mobile, China
China Telecom Corporation Limited, China
Dabur India Limited, India
Defense Acquisition University, USA
Emirates NBD Bank (4), United Arab Emirates
FedEx Tech Connect, USA
Hewlett Packard (3), USA
Hewlett Packard, Switzerland
Humana Inc., USA
Infosys BPO Limited, India
Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong
LG&E and KU Energy LLC, USA
Migros Ticaret A.S., Turkey
MTR Coporation (3), Hong Kong
National Academy of Civil Service, Taiwan
Omring, The Netherlands
Orange County's Credit Union (2), USA
Regional Civil Service Development, Taiwan
SA Power Networks, Australia
Samsung Electronics, Korea
SuccessFactors, an SAP Company (2), USA
Tanfeeth (2), United Arab Emirates
The Hong Kong Jockey Club, Hong Kong
Tonly Electronics Holdings Limited, China
**The 2014 application will be available on July 1, 2014. Applications will be due in mid-September, 2014.**
Watch this webcast to learn more about the application process, tips for success, and examples of winning entries.
Important changes for 2013:
1. Practice Implementation: ASTD expects that practices submitted for award consideration are fully deployed, not planned practices or practices that are newly implemented. Pilot programs are welcome to apply for Citation consideration, but must be in place for at least 8 (eight) months to be considered.
2. ALL applications will be collected via our secure online awards site. This form is the entry form that will be reviewed by the judges. You will complete this form, save as a PDF, and upload it to the online awards portal at http://ww5.aievolution.com/atd1403/. You will also complete organizational background information online when you create your application account. This form will help you prepare the information you will need to enter online.
The Excellence in Practice Aprogram recognizes results achieved through the use of practices and solutions from the entire scope of workplace learning and development.
What's new this year?
- Signatures are no longer required upon application submission. (If your organization is selected as an Excellence in Practice Award or Citation winner, a representative from your organization and one from each partner organization named will be required to sign a release form.)
- Minimum time in practice for all submissions. Practices must be fully implemented to be considered!
- Applications MUST be anonymous. Identifying information about the organization (name or staff members) should be completely stripped from the application that is submitted to reviewers. Applicants who violate this rule risk disqualification.
A practice may be entered for consideration in two categories.
- Career Development
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Managing the Learning Function
- Integrated Talent Management
- Facilitating Organizational Change
- Performance Improvement
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Learning Technologies
- Organizational Learning and Development
- Sales Enablement
Accomplishments will be recognized at two levels:
Awards: Presented to practices that have demonstrated clear and measurable results of achieving organizational goals, meet a demonstrated need, have appropriate design values, and are clearly aligned with other performance improvement initiatives. These practices have long-term, sustained results.
Citations: Presented to practices that have yet to demonstrate clear and measurable results, but that have strong evaluation plans, meet a demonstrated need, and have appropriate design values. Practices must be fully implemented to be considered. Citation winners are encouraged to seek an Excellence in Practice Award in a subsequent year.
Award and Citation winners will be honored at the awards ceremony during the ASTD International Conference & Exposition May 2014 in Washington, D.C. Announcements of the winners will be in ASTD publications and on the ASTD website.
1. The following criteria will be used to evaluate the Excellence in Practice applications:
- needs identification
- indication that the practice was an appropriate response to the problem or need
- design approach
- evidence that the intervention was designed and implemented in a way that considered the best interests of the organization as well as those of employees
- evidence of, and degree of alignment with, other training, learning, and performance improvement practices, as well as organizational goals, to achieve desired outcomes
- evidence of partnerships within and outside the organization (e.g., with senior management, frontline supervisors, unions, external resources, etc.)
- evaluation strategy
- evidence of a clear, measurable, and feasible evaluation plan
- evidence of actual or anticipated organizational impact
- evidence of actual or anticipated individual/team impact
- organizational learning
- indications that this practice can be transferred and replicated in other organizations
- extent of the diffusion of this practice in the field
- opportunities for other professionals to learn from this practice
2. All practices must be nominated by two individuals, at least one of whom is from the company, organization, or entity in which the practice is used.
3. Because practices focus on results, training suppliers and consultants should apply only in collaboration with a customer. The application must be written from the perspective of the customer organization.
4. Applicants and nominators are not required to be members of ASTD.
5. Practices may range from a single, narrowly focused activity to a multifaceted, multidisciplinary initiative, so long as the results can be clearly linked to advancing the organization's goals. ASTD staff will review all initial applications to ensure they are complete and may request additional information. All complete applications will go through a blind review process conducted by a panel of experts from companies in the ASTD Forum, ASTD staff, and other training and performance improvement experts. ASTD reserves the right to dismiss applications that lack clarity or sufficient information.
ASTD is committed to shared learning and recognition of excellence. ASTD will disseminate and share information from the winning applications, and will recognize the winning organizations on its website, in publications, and at the ASTD International Conference & Exposition in May 2014, in Washington, D.C.