Entry Deadline was April 5.
The 2013 BEST application is closed.
NEW in 2013–Use the online awards portal for two (2) parts of the application. View THIS TUTORIAL to see how the portal works.
PART ONE – Quantitative information. USE THIS FORM to prepare your answers, then upload your answers to https://www.aievolution.com/atd1304/.
PART TWO – Qualitative information. THIS FORM is your application. When it is completed, upload it to the awards portal.
This year ASTD is asking applicants to provide a statement/endorsement from the organization’s CEO or COO. We do this because organizations who are the BEST demonstrate that by support from senior leaders. ASTD believes the inclusion of this statement also moves the application beyond self- nomination and validates the role of learning in the enterprise.
To be eligible for consideration:
- Your primary line of business may not be the supply of training products or services.
- Submit data for the entire enterprise and not for a branch, department, manufacturing site, plant, corporate university, or other subunit. An enterprise is an established entity having officers, employees, and its own learning function. Reporting data for single departments or business units only will invalidate your application. If your organization takes a dispersed approach to learning, we suggest that you partner with the other learning areas to complete the application for the entire enterprise.
To enter the BEST Awards competition, you must complete the application online. The application has two parts:
- You may log in as many times as you need to update or add to your data until the March 30, 2013 deadline.
- Please complete all questions and take note of the word count for the open-ended questions in Part 2.
- In Part 2: make your answers anonymous. Do not reveal your organization's name, brands, employees, customers, or any details that would reveal your organization's identity. Completed applications that include information about your organization's identity will not be considered by the evaluation committee.
- To apply for the ASTD BEST Awards, there is a US$150 processing fee. You will pay this as the last step before submitting your application online
- Please read the following information. If you have questions, please email Kristen Fyfe, the program manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand that ASTD is committed to shared learning and recognition of excellence. I also understand that should my organization be named a 2013 ASTD BEST Award winner, a representative from my organization will be required to sign the following release form that contains information similar to what is below.
By signing below, on behalf of my organization, I hereby grant to the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) the following rights with respect to information provided by my organization in its application for a 2013 BEST Award:
- Part 1 of the Application. A non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license and release to use the statistical data and information submitted to ASTD by my organization for Part 1 of the application for the purpose of computing and publishing aggregate data (from my organization and other organizations submitting applications) related to the BEST Awards. However, ASTD may not publish or distribute any data or information unique to or identifiable with my organization specifically.
- Part 2 of the Application. The non-exclusive right to edit, publish, reproduce, reprint, distribute, sell, and otherwise make use of the information in Part 2 of the Application subject to my organization’s prior review and approval for factual accuracy.
- Trademark Rights. The non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use the name of my organization for the sole purpose of ASTD’s promotion of the BEST Awards Program.
I represent and warrant that the information submitted to ASTD in the 2013 BEST Awards application does not violate the rights of anyone else, is accurate, and that I have the authority to bind my organization to this license and release.
We wish you good luck as you embark on this valuable examination of learning in your enterprise. And we thank you for your commitment to making the world work better.
Click here for tips and tools on completing your BEST application.
If you have questions about the application, please send an email to Kristen Fyfe: email@example.com.