ASTD BEST Awards 2013
The ASTD BEST Awards recognize organizations that demonstrate enterprise-wide success as a result of employee learning and development. We are looking for organizations that get it: They use the learning function as a strategic business tool to get results.
Established in 2003, the BEST Awards Winner’s Circle includes small and large private, public, and not-for-profit organizations from around the world.
View the full list of 2013 BEST Award winning companies here.
Award winners demonstrate that they are excellent in many aspects of the learning function:
- Learning has an enterprise-wide role: involved in the executive team, creating solutions to business issues, and setting organizational strategy.
- Learning has value in the organization's culture: learning opportunities for employees, C-level involvement, learning for growth of the organization, and innovation.
- Learning links to individual and organizational performance: alignment with the business, efficiency, measurement of the effectiveness of learning, and success with non-training solutions for business needs.
- Investment is made in learning and performance initiatives.
Award winners show that they are BEST at Building talent, Enterprise-wide, Supported by the organization’s leaders, and fostering a Thorough learning culture.
The award winners will be:
- featured in the October issue of T+D magazine
- honored at a ceremony in Washington, D.C.
- able to meet their peers and share their award-winning practices at the annual Learn from the BEST conference
- able to have the privilege of using the ASTD BEST Award Winner logo.
The benefits for participants include:
- Completing the entry helps an organization to look holistically, critically, and appreciatively at its work. Applicants have commented on how much they learned from participating in the process.
- After completing part one, when the data from the State of the Industry Report is published in the fall, you'll be able to compare your organization to the BEST winners, ASTD Forum organizations, as well as organizations participating in ASTD's WLP Scorecard.
- You can request to receive feedback from the reviewers about your responses to part two.