This award is presented in recognition of an exceptional contribution of sustained impact on the field of workplace learning and performance. This contribution can be in any area within workplace learning and performance.
Recipients of this award have been: William J. Rothwell, Michael Allen, Beverly Kaye, Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner, Robert Brinkerhoff, Jon Katzenbach, Jack Phillips, Roger Kaufman, David Cooperrider, Margaret Wheatley, Allison Rossett, Roger Schank, Gloria Gery, Elliott Masie, Dana Gaines Robinson and James C. Robinson, Geary Rummler, Peter Senge, Kenneth Blanchard, R. Roosevelt Thomas Jr., Peter Block, Ned Herrmann, Robert F. Mager, W. Warner Burke, William C. Byham, Malcolm S. Knowles, and Leonard Nadler.
Candidates will be evaluated on the following:
- the extent to which the contribution is based on original concepts and/or innovative practices recognized throughout the field over a sustained period
- the impact the contribution has had on the field of workplace learning and performance, including influence on practitioners, organizations, thought leaders, and research
- the extent to which the contribution affirms that people are value-added contributors to organizational success.
Candidates need not be ASTD members if nominated by one.
The 2012 application deadline is November 1, 2012.
Nominators will receive notification of the decisions regarding their entries by March 11, 2013.
The award winners will be honored at the awards ceremony during the ASTD International Conference & Exposition, May 19-22, 2013, in Dallas, Texas. Announcements of the award will be in ASTD publications and on the ASTD website.
List name and contact information of nominee, including title, organization, address, telephone, fax, and email.
List name and contact information of nominator, including title, organization, address, telephone, fax, and email.
Sections 1-4 (below) must not exceed five typed pages.
Nominations for this award should be supported by the following:
- a concise description of the exceptional contribution to the field in terms of its focus; the scope and context; the key concepts and/or innovation
- documentation of the sustained impact the work has had in advancing the field of workplace learning and performance
- list of published articles, books, and research, as well as work products, audio-visual, or other materials representative of the contribution
- references of others' work that have built on the nominee's theories and innovative practices.
Provide the names and contact information of two individuals who can provide additional information regarding this nomination. Include their title, organization, address, telephone, fax, and email.
5. Submit an electronic copy of the entry to:
ASTD Awards Program
1640 King Street - Box 1443
Alexandria, VA 22313-2043 USA