The Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly ASTD, is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals help others achieve their full potential by improving their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
ATD’s members come from more than 120 countries and work in public and private organizations in every industry sector. ATD supports the work of professionals locally in more than 125 chapters, international strategic partners, and global member networks.
Started in 1943 as the American Society of Training Directors, this organization evolved to become the American Society for Training & Development. As the scope and the impact of the training and development field has grown, the profession’s focus has broadened to link the development of people, learning, and performance to individual and organizational results.
To better meet the needs and represent the work of this dynamic profession, on May 6, 2014 the organization announced its new brand: the Association for Talent Development.
- Provides resources including research, analysis, benchmarking, online information, books, and other publications, for
- professionals focused on developing the knowledge, skills, and abilities of others,
- Brings professionals together in conferences, workshops, and in virtual communities.
- Offers professional development opportunities for training practitioners, and those focused on developing talent including
- 70 education programs and workshops aligned to the Competency Model and key topics in the field
- a Job Bank and Career Center
- ten vibrant Communities of Practice
- the only credential offered in the field: the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP).
- Serves as the voice of the profession to the media and to public policy makers in the U.S., and collaborates with other associations, organizations, and educational institutions to advance the profession.
- Through its awards programs, recognizes excellence and sets the standard for best practices in talent development.
Our Vision: Create a World that Works Better.
Our mission: Empower professionals to develop knowledge and skills successfully.
Read the 2013 Annual Report.
Thank you for being a member.